It took most of the summer of 2006 to make 9 of these star blocks. I had decided to hand piece these blocks.
I took them with me on camping trips and stitched away while DH fished.
My hand sewing skills were pretty rusty when I started and some of the blocks were pretty skewed by the time I had redone them once or twice.
After some practice, however, the blocks began to look better. At first, it was frustrating, but after a while as I got more proficient, I began to relax and enjoy what I was doing.
I used the best 5 to make this throw for my mother. The lilac floral fabric made me think of her while I was working on the blocks.
It also has a folded bias border and is free hand machine quilted.